SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR VALLEY CENTER HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
THE FRIENDS OF THE VALLEY CENTER LIBRARY
The Friends of the Valley Center Library will award two scholarships to two seniors attending high school in the Valley Center-Pauma Unified School District. The successful applicants will each be awarded $500. This scholarship will be available the academic year of 2021-2022 and will be awarded to the selected students in June 2022.
The criteria for application:
· The senior must have earned a minimum 3.0 GPA (cumulative).
· The student must have financial need (to be determined by a counselor, teacher or other staff member at VCHS).
· The student must have been accepted to an accredited four-year college or enrolled at an accredited two-year college.*
*If the successful applicant plans on attending an accredited two-year college, proof of enrollment must be received by December 2022. Funds will be disbursed when proof of enrollment is received.
The criteria for selection:
· The student will write an essay explaining what they hope to achieve in college and/or how this scholarship will help them financially.
· The essay should be at least one page, but no more than two pages.
The essay is due May 2, 2022. Please give your submission to Ginny Martineau in the VCHS Counciling Office by 3p.m
A Scholarship Committee will be appointed by the Board of the Friends of the Valley Center Library. This committe will use the essays to determine which students will be awarded the scholarships.
Questions? Contact: Eva Rosa, VCFOL Board, email@example.com, Phone: (760)742-2470